Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentine's Schmalentines

This is a hugely unoriginal post because it seems that everyone in the world hates Valentines Day. Unfortunately for me, every year I am strangely optimistic that THIS will be the year that I get something. A card, rose, ANYTHING! Yet every year is disappointing.
Now, I may bitch and whine about these things and really I have a wonderful boy but the problem is that he, along with the rest of the world, is not a fan of this romantic day. And every year I find out that neither am I because it is always depressing. It's a cruel, cruel world.
And that damn woman in the picture... at least she got a bloody balloon. Who cares that it is a broken heart. Be grateful for anything.
Really I should just ignore this commercial bullshit but it's one of those things that deep down inside you have a weakness for. And I KNOW I'm not the only person thinking this.
And it seems that every person who has set foot on Queen St today is burdened with enormous bunches of flowers or Fererro Rocher bouquets and 'tis quite saddening.
My hope now lies in this coming Friday when my boy arrives. There's a teeny tiny glimmer of hope that maybe, just maybe, he will think of something nice. I have a little (if not slightly evil, fly eating contraption) thing for him. We'll see. I'll keep you all posted on 'The Longings of K'. As for now, crap TV beckons.
Go out and buy yourselves something nice.
K xx

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

man that was a shameless beg to the boy or what!
dont worry Kerry, we still loves you! Em

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home