Monday, October 24, 2005

Curse of the pasty skin

Having rained consistently for what seems like forever, we finally get a day of sun. By that I mean it is 50 50. Half sun, half ominous dark clouds. But, this morning, I ran outside to soak up some rays and literally within a minute, the sun had gone. So I waited, and waited, for the sun to return. After about 15 minutes (it was starting to get a bit chilly in the shade) I went inside. When I turned around, the fucking sun was out. Grrrr.... so I got my things and went back out. But, of bloody course, it went straight behind a cloud again. This has now happened several times. It's like a game of hide and seek. I am never going to get the chance to hide. I am doomed to be the seeker forever. So depressing. Why must the sun be so cruel?

I cannot express quite how pasty and gross I am (besides face rash, which is also gross but not pasty... flaky maybe... ha.. PASTRY). I am in desperate need of sun and FAST. If I am going to show my face in public anytime this summer, I must have a nice base tan. I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about.

On a brighter note, at least it's not raining and is closer to 20 degrees than it has been for a while. I'm going to lurk behind the door and wait for the sun to come back out, then bound outside for a brief second of warmth and possible step closer to a tan. It's at the point where the sun is just being reflected off me. Maybe I'm blinding the sun and that's why it runs away.
Hmm... sounds like roof is about to collapse. Not good.

Flaky pastry.

K xx

1 Comments:

Blogger kenandjerry said...

yeah, not too bad. getting there. has taken a long time to get better tho. ugh... how you doin?

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home