Tuesday, October 04, 2005

roos

Had a brilliant experience today.

Was jogging in the hills behind the house and came suddenly across a pod of about 13 kangaroos. I know they aren't a pod but they reminded me of when dolphins swim near the boat when we are in NZ. Just seeing a big group of wild animals in their natural habitat is so cool - it's no zoo and I was careful to be quiet and keep back so they weren''t scared of me. They just grazed away and checked me out and then I went on my way.

It was cool and I like to think that when the next generation comes along they can see roos or dolphins in the wild ( sorry to be sentimental but it was a really heartwarming experience!!)

J xoxox

4 Comments:

Blogger Rosie said...

jogging? euw. Kangaroos? cool.

you know jen that around canberra especially lots of people (farmers) shoots roos because they are so annoying, personally I think it is very rude to arrive in a country full of kangaroos and start to grow...parsnips or something as unnative and then get mad when low and behold there are...

12:15 PM  
Blogger Rosie said...

...kangaroos everywhere, duh! I know i am supposed to support farmers as I do eat their produce but I just don't think they should be allowed to kill native animals. Especially not really cute fluffy ones.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Rosie said...

ps bout time you posted bitch. Is school rapping up for you now? I only have 3 weeks left and a RIDICILIOUSE amount of work to do, hence, I am on the blog (not bog, do not simul blog while on the bog, I do not have a laptop)

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wait until you've been chased by cows on Red Hill into one of the many blackberry patches. Fun fun fun!

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home